|Music and Sound||🐷🐷🐷|
Not only Arnie is back these days… It’s that very special time of the year:
This content is not sponsored. (I wish…)
Der Super League Tabellen-Rechner ermittelt automatisch die neue Tabelle abhängig von den getippten Spielergebnissen.
Tippen Sie die restlichen Spiele der Saison und lassen Sie unseren Rechner die neue Tabelle kalkulieren. Wer kann das Meisterrennen für sich entscheiden? Für wen gehts nach Europa? Und wer steigt ab? Jetzt auf Blick.ch/8120476.
With «Independence Day – Resurgence» coming to theaters, it’s only appropriate to share my last big filmschool project from 2007: «Aurora – A Fictitious Trailer», which was heavy influenced by over-the-top, big event, high-concept blockbusters like «ID4».
And here’s some outtakes and bloopers for your viewing pleasure:
Big Thanks to all the nice people who helped realizing this project. I had the most fun I’d had in a long time creating it.
Being a nod to the idea what «Independence Day» would’ve looked like if it was set in Switzerland, I named the project inspired by the first verse of the Swiss national anthem: «Trittst im Morgenrot daher…» («When the morning skies grow red, and over us their radiance shed Thou, O Lord, appeareth in their light…») and I borrowed the name of the roman goddess of dawn: Aurora,… mostly because it sounds cool.
What’s the fastest possible way to transfer your pictures and videos from your iPhone to your MacBook? I’don’t know… but here’s a step-by-step tutorial how not to do it:
- AirDrop: iPhone can’t find MacBook Air.
- AirDrop: iPhone finds MacBook, but doesn’t transfer too much.
- Looking for iCloud. No chance.
- Activate iCloud on iPhone.
- Can’t transfer photos to iCloud (can I?)
- Trying transmitting images via E-Mail: Forget it!
- Try Dropbox: Veery slow…
- Checking again Airdrop: Still nothing.
- Checking Dropbox: Still very slow…
- Setting up USB. Trying Photos App. Realizing: Not enough storage space on MacBook Air to save all the pics. Aha!
- Switching to (too old) MacBook Pro. Plugging in USB…
- Starting up Photos App: «Preparing Photos: 13%,… 14%,…» Veery slow, again.
- Starting up Picasa… Bad Idea. RAM’s getting upset.
- Checking again the Dropbox-Folder. Almost done. OK, I surrender.
- Uploading designated pics from MacBook to WordPress: HTTP ERROR! (Panorama-Pics are too big, I figure)
- Resizing via Photoshop (RAM disagrees)…
- Finally uploading Gallery.
- Uploading Slo-Mo Video directly from iOS to YouTube and wondering: will it be in Slow-Motion?
- It IS in slo-mo!
- Finally ready to publish another article noone’s gonna read and…
- …good night, I’ve had enough for today!
Slightly better than the first one, but this time the exposure was off …Still learning. But Rammstein must’ve been delivering a great concert as far as I could tell from where I was standing. (And iMovie managed to suck even more balls than yesterday.)
Disclaimer: I just replaced the first video with a second, hopefully better version, with less picture brightening, the original aspect ratio, different sound and in 4k resolution.
My first time-laps video with pictures of «Allmend Rockt» featuring Iron Maiden and others:
Not too impressive, but I learned three things today:
- My camera doesn’t charge via USB.
- Auto Focus is a terrible idea when it rains.
- iMovie still, truly sucks balls, so hard, in so many ways.
Just replaced the original video with a 4k version for better viewing experience.
How the new Header Pic was made:
Another «gem» back from 2004: Based on some cel animation exercises in art school: «Dust’n’Air»